I’m back! Sadly, we were able to somewhat resurrect our computer, so a new one will have to wait. In the meantime only Project Man and I are allowed on this dinosaur. No internet games, no music downloads, just the basics, people.
Tonight I was inspired with a new name for Project Man and Flashlight Girl when we are working on joint projects-- The Dynamic Duo! Isn’t that fabulous? Project Man is certainly a bit more dynamic than I am, but what I lack in speed I make up for in spirit!
Yesterday, we were working on our income taxes. Finally, I was able to answer Project Man’s eternal question of “where does all our money go?” Because we sold some meat from our sacred cows, I could claim all sorts of “farm” related expenses on our taxes. Just from what I could identify (there are I’m sure others that I didn’t track very well) we had a net loss of $5300 in 2008. Wow. If that doesn’t make you want to give up the whole “country living” gig, I don’t know what will. Project Man said that it didn’t matter it makes him happy. “You just can’t put a price on being able to look outside and see those cows and smell them, and feed them. . .” Riiiiight. I politely let him know that a good therapist costs less than those animals.
7 comments:
I can just see Todd taking the lay of the land with a deep breath. I love you guys.
I have to agree with Todd! At least you got the feeding and smelling and looking at cows for your net loss! Not to mention the butchering experience! Ours is just a house 15 minutes away that's been EATING up our $$$. We won't even put a # on the loss. Depressing.
That is very sound advice to only let "people" on your computer. I think though, you should get a brand new computer with your tax refund! You definitely are a dynamic duo. Cows are a great thing. I remember going out to feed them every day in the freezing snow. What great work experiences you will teach your children!
I would get the land - no cows, and the good therapist.
I agree with Allie - get a new computer and throw the old one to the kids. As long as the dinosaur lasts - they can play.
BTW - welcome back!!!
Welcome back! Rob keeps saying we should move somewhere more rural where we can "live off the land"--maybe I should tell him to read this. :)
So glad you're back! Sorry a new computer it not in the works -- yet. We know all about farm losses. After so many years (4?)of claiming losses, you can no longer claim it as a business expense. It becomes an expensive hobby. We've never actually figured our profits/losses. We've acknowledged our hobby-farm status right from the start.
Love the name for your co-project duo. Accident Girl and Safety Man combine with similar results -- but probably more subdued. Something along the lines of the Demented Duo! That's us.
I love reading whatever your write. So, so glad you're back!
Post a Comment