Yesterday evening Project Man and I had a real date. We went with about half the population of the combined counties of Weber, Davis and Box Elder to the Ogden Temple. Yes, we arrived at about 6:00 p.m. to make it into the 7:00 p.m. session by the sheer mercy that some friends had arrived earlier and saved us a spot in the chapel. Otherwise, we would have been waiting out in the hall just to get into the chapel until that time. Who knows when the last session started? I digress. . . Anyway, the session was lovely, all was right with the world and then we went to Walmart. Because after one has spent time contemplating the eternities he must return to an earthly dwelling that isn’t void of ice cream. Isn’t that right, Project Man? Riiiiiight.
Okay, as I was saying, we were at Walmart waiting patiently in the check-out line when Project Man’s eyes get really big as he shouts out to the world, “YOU HAVE A GRAY HAIR!” Say what? Then he proceeds to look through my hair to locate said gray hair to prove it to me!!! (We are still in the check-out line don’t forget.) “Oh my heck! There are three. Hold still.” What a loving husband to pull out the hair from my head while we are standing there. AAAGH!!!
The proof is in the pudding, as they say, and yes, the hair he pulled was WHITE! (Pause for a momentary freak out while I’m reliving this. . . ) Okay, people, what is going on here? I’m going to be 37 in a few weeks, but this type of aging is simply impossible and uncalled for. I stopped dying my hair 6 months ago in a show of good faith that I didn’t need such artificial beauty. What kind of karma is that? I’m calling Kelsey, my hair gal, first thing Monday morning. I don’t care if I’m vain, weak, or whatever. I’m not going to sit idly by and let this gray hair thing ruin my life. (Because it will. The year I turned 31 turned out to be a challenge. Let’s learn from the past, okay.) That is what they invented hair dye for, you know. So let this be a warning to all you gals that have been coloring your hair and claiming that you don’t have any gray yet. You just don’t know it, and honey, I suggest you don’t find out!
4 comments:
My mom says she's earned every one of her gray hairs - and I would have to agree (she was pepper by 23 and gray by 30).
I too have earned mine. I call them wisdom hair and whenever Sam comments on how "wise" I am he gets abused!!!! ;-)
In the last week I've noticed a bunch of new grey hairs in my bangs -- up front and personal. There's too many to pull out. I'd leave a serious bald spot. And although I have a lot of natural highlights, I'd prefer not to have the WHITE strands. Grey nothing. They're bright, bright WHITE. Sigh. (P.S. I'll be 37 in March. But I have friends who began going grey in their late 20s and early 30s. We're lucky. Or so I'm told.)
Oh Julie, nothing could make you more or less beautiful than you already are! Brown hair, gray hair, pink hair whatever! I have to say I can totally hear the astonishment in Project Mans voice...too funny. Look at it this way, your hair just wanted to match the rest of your temple attire.
Sad about the gray hairs--but it was a funny story! Good thing these boys are oh-so-sympathetic. :) If I go gray anytime soon, I will definitely join you in coloring my hair again!
Post a Comment