Monday, January 19, 2009

Looking for a Food Storage Buddy

I’m looking for a food storage buddy. This year, I’m continuing to work on our ongoing project of obtaining a year’s supply of food. I’m getting a bit of inspiration and direction from TotallyReady. This is a great blog with very helpful, no-nonsense information. She even has written a couple of e-books that you can purchase and download if you are really in need of some direction. The e-book is interactive with calculators and such. She promises that you won’t be buying a million pounds of wheat if that is what scares you about food storage in general. I’ve visited this site regularly for the past year and have found a lot of great info on frugal living, raising a family, etc. Anyway, the author recommends finding a food storage buddy or buddies to encourage each other, share bulk food purchases, etc. The first assignment was to gather a binder, paper, and an empty jar with a lid. Done. Please let me know if you are interested!

2 comments:

Christie said...

I can encourage, support and swap ideas . . . does that make me a food storage buddy? Be aware that I have my own little methods for storing food and they're working for me. So I won't be getting a binder and empty jar with lid. If that' okay with you, then count me in. At the moment I'd like to get some white wheat from the cannery. Have you ever tried theirs? I haven't yet, but I have been using white wheat from other sources for the last few years. I love it!

Flashlight Girl said...

I have tried the white wheat at the from the cannery. It's acceptable as far as white wheat goes. I must admit though that the red wheat that we bought from Walton's 10 years ago still makes the best bread ever! I've got my own system, too, but I thought that trying something new might add a new dimension and maybe fill in a few gaps I'd missed. You're on my buddy list however, and I'll be expecting the offered encouragement! :)