Saturday, May 31, 2008

Getting Ready for Sharing Time

I received a new calling last week. I am now the 1st counselor for our ward Primary. I had been released from the Relief Society presidency for about 2 hours when I was extended the call. Inspiration? Well, whatever the circumstance, I accepted. The past week I've really been trying to make the switch from the retired set to the under 12 crowd. The great thing about Primary is that there really isn't any down time. A gal is basically thrown to the lions and at the end of the block the parents come to see how it all worked out. Gratefully, this isn't my first foray into the arena, and I am looking forward to taming a few lions (particulary those that live at my house).
This month's theme is concerning temple blessings. I love this topic, and I get to do sharing time for the Sr. Primary all month. I also get to speak in sacrament meeting on Father's Day and prepare the little card/gift for the children to give to their fathers that day. Did I mention that I'll be in California the entire week prior to Father's Day? Yup, no rest for the wicked.

1 comment:

Christie said...

Loved your final line. Summer seems to be the time of year when everything happens at fast-forward speed. Whee! Hang on and enjoy the ride. :)