David came home from preschool today with a Mother's Day gift. As I buckled him into the van he said, "Mom, I have a Mother's Day present for you, but I'm going to give it to you when we get home, okay?" Generally, I try to get the kids to wait until Mother's Day, but he so wanted me to open it today that I gave in. To my delight it was a tile with his darling handprint in purple and his name printed at the bottom. (He wrote his name by himself!) Included was this very insightful tribute entitled "My Mom is Special!" The first part of the statement was supplied by his teacher and he gave her the answer for the last part of the sentence. Here is why I am special to David.
"My mom is special because she hugs me when I'm scared.
I like it when my Mom reads my school calendar to me.
My Mom can do many things! I think she's best at laundry.
My Mom has a pretty smile! I like to make her smile by hugging her.
My Mom is as pretty as her pink shirt.
My Mom is smart! She even knows how to take the garbage out!"
In the eyes of a four year old my greatest accomplishments and abilities are those that revolve around taking care of him. When I get thinking I'm pretty underappreciated at least I know someone is grateful I do the laundry and take the garbage out!
1 comment:
That must me some pink shirt! I'm giggling while I imagine all the brains is takes to get the garbage out. Actually, it takes quite a few as we've been known to forget to put it out . . . the week before Christmas. Ugh!
Post a Comment