I've tried and tried to figure out a way to write about Clarissa's passing that would be appropriate, thoughtful, caring,-- basically write better than I can. We loved that darling girl and have been pretty sad for months that she was fighting that "dumb old brain tumor", but now that she has passed away, her funeral over and time to write is upon me, I just don't know what to write. Some favorite memories of Clarissa are:
Jacob: "Going on long walks at Grandpa's farm with Clarissa to see the cows and stuff. It was fun riding to Colorado with Clarissa in Grandma's car and watching movies. She was just fun to play with."
Jesse: "Climbing trees with Clarissa at her house."
Amber: "Playing house, dress-up, Barbie's and when she used to wear my "Southern Belle" dress."
Julie: "Clarissa was so fun to watch play. She did it all with gusto. She had the sparkliest eyes and charming smile. Her "mean eyes" were also very expressive when she wasn't too happy. :) She loved to play sports and wild games with the boys and dogs, as well as girlie things with her gal cousins. She was always polite. I remember lots of "thank you"s. Oh, Clarissa, I will just miss you!"
The funeral service was so nice. The Packers are awesome. Jocelyn and Chalyce gave such thoughtful tributes. Kris and Jed both were amazing. They have such strong testimonies of the gospel and I admire them both so much. Carson sang his little heart out with his cousins. I love those Packers.
I'm getting too morose to write much more. I'm so grateful to have a wonderful family, knowledge of the Savior and my Father's Great Plan of Happiness.
3 comments:
I'm crying, and I didn't even know Clarissa. But I know you, and I know kids, and I know how precious they are. I'm reminded of when Brad and Mary Jo Noble lost their little boy, Jonah. The death of any child brings sadness for what might have been.
Earlier today I was thinking about what Clarissa might be doing up in the spirit world. I wonder how children who die before their parents spend their time. (Haven't I read that parents will get to raise the children who die before them to maturity in the spirit world?) Can Clarissa see her folks? I know her parents tried to help her understand the Lord's love in light of her illness, but I'll bet she still has questions. Who do you think will answer them for her on the other side? Relatives? Maybe even the Savior?
I bet children have the kindest, sweetest greeters up in heaven. Angels with all the right answers to comfort and cheer.
And who knows, maybe Clarissa will be just such an angel for other early arrivals.
I forgot to say that we saw Clarissa's obituary when we were in Lewiston last weekend--such a beautiful girl!
And, Rob says he might have to cut off all communication here. :)
It was such a beautiful meeting. The Spirit there was overwhelming. Her family showed such courage and were such and inspiration to all of us. I know I have tried to be a more loving mom and "Child of God" since.
By the way, your song was beautiful beyond words including the finish. It spoke more words than you realize.
Love you,
Post a Comment