Okay, I feel really technically challenged when I view the fabulous things others have done with their blogs. Pics, music, links. . . . My goodness. How is a girl ever supposed to figure all this stuff out? Anyway, I did change the template, I'm feeling pretty good about that. Maybe I'll figure out pictures next, but that means I'll actually have to take some.
I love looking at my friends' lives! I know that is super nosy of me, but hey, my friends do cool stuff, have darling children and say the funniest things! When I'm feeling blue, rather than whine, I can check up on a great blog. How wonderful!
Okay, my son Jacob was just in here wanting to see what I was writing. He's kind of nosy, too. Comes by it pretty honestly.
As today is Earth Day, I wanted to do something ecologically responsible. The first thing on my list is to make some reusable grocery bags. I know I can buy them at the store, but I seriously need to work on getting rid of some of my stockpile of fabric and stuff. My children have informed me that this is WEIRD, but I'm doing it anyway. I seriously could fill an entire landfill with all of the plastic bags we get from all of the groceries we buy. Now that I've written down my committment, it is no longer just a good idea. Look out! Here comes the bag lady!
I love looking at my friends' lives! I know that is super nosy of me, but hey, my friends do cool stuff, have darling children and say the funniest things! When I'm feeling blue, rather than whine, I can check up on a great blog. How wonderful!
Okay, my son Jacob was just in here wanting to see what I was writing. He's kind of nosy, too. Comes by it pretty honestly.
As today is Earth Day, I wanted to do something ecologically responsible. The first thing on my list is to make some reusable grocery bags. I know I can buy them at the store, but I seriously need to work on getting rid of some of my stockpile of fabric and stuff. My children have informed me that this is WEIRD, but I'm doing it anyway. I seriously could fill an entire landfill with all of the plastic bags we get from all of the groceries we buy. Now that I've written down my committment, it is no longer just a good idea. Look out! Here comes the bag lady!

Here it is! I made two of these. They are really huge! I'm thinking that I need to make about six that are slightly smaller and save these for Albertson's cereal sales. Just to give you a concept of its actual size, I fit two boxes of cereal, the BIG box of fish crackers, a large bag of cereal and the bag of chips on top. Whoa! The bags are now in the back of the van awaiting my next grocery extravaganza. Cool.
2 comments:
I too have wante to use re-usable bags at the grocery store. I've got quite the collection of canvas bags from conferences my hubby has gone to. (They were free.) I put them in the trunk of my car... and forgot to use them EVERY time I went to the store. So, my hint of the day is to leave them up under the driver's seat peeking out where you'll see them and remember. Or put, "Remember BAGS" on the top of your grocery list. Good luck.
Julie, I am so glad you left us a message! You do need to get some pictures of your cute kids on here for us to see. I was so glad to hear from you, I think you are wonderful and always so inspiring!
Post a Comment