The past few months I've been hearing a lot about preparing for an inevitable flu pandemic. The Church even has specially called service missionaries that educate members around the world about how to prepare and protect your family in case such an event is to happen. Okay, that alone gets my attention. If the First Presidency of the Church is concerned enough about the possibilities of this happening that they call missionaries to spread the word and educate, I think we all had better listen up. Now that doesn't mean it will happen this flu season, but I'm going to get myself a little better prepared this season anyway. I just finished reading a good, no-nonsense, anyone-can-do-this kind of article from Meridian Magazine. Check it out. http://ldsmag.com/emergency/081029flu.html#_begart
I wish us all long lives and good health.
2 comments:
We had a woman from Church headquarters come to speak to a combined Stake Fireside. She spend the first 1/2 of her talk discussing the needs that we'll likely face under the tough economic times ahead. The second half addressed what would happen in a flu pandemic -- avian flu specifically.
I can deal with the financial aspect of things, but the talk about the possibilies of a flu pandemic make me want to play ostrich and hide my head in a hole. But, we are prepared. It's a good feeling. (Although after reading the Meridian article, I'm thinking about stocking up on masks. Hmmm.) Thanks for getting me thinking. I think.
What title for your post! i love it. I too, am surprised the church is putting emphasis on the bird flu, and being prepared to be healthy. I am grateful they are educating us about it, and about being prepared. Obviously they know much more about the future than we do. I feel blessed to have leaders care so much about their members. Thanks for posting the article!
Post a Comment