The Good: Saturday night Todd and I and some friends went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert. Wow! They performed with the Utah Symphony and guest artists Denyce Graves and Brian Stokes Mitchell. Fabulous music!! Someday when I grow up, I'm going to sing like that!!! And if you want to listen to some great music, Google these artists or check out Youtube.com since I can't figure out how to insert those clips in this blog!!
The Bad: Yesterday was knee surgery day. I didn't actually go into surgery until 3:30 p.m. and arrived back home about 9:00 p.m. LONG DAY! Also for future reference--I anesthesia makes me puke.
The Ugly: While scoping out my meniscus, the doctor discovered that my ACL is completely blown out, he didn't have time to repair it as he was covering surgeries for a colleague whose wife had a heart attack that morning. SO-- I have to go back under the knife on 10/08. This time it will be a major deal to recover from. Not very happy about this development. Won't say more about it right now.
The Blessings: My mom stayed with the kiddos during the day on Monday and overnight to help today. Thanks a ton! Moms are amazing. My sisters all checked in and set me up with some vacuuming and yummy food. Some good gals brought the family dinner last night-even though they were told "to not to." Thank you for taking care of my family. And. . . please stand by for future service opportunities! :)
5 comments:
Julie:
So sorry that this is "bigger" than you first thought. So glad that you are blessed to be cared for by someone who knows what he's doing.
You are in our prayers that you will quickly learn whatever lesson you are supposed to, so that you can move on to the next trial. ;-)
Seriously, we are right here. Call or e-mail if you need anything.
You really are in our prayers. The boys hate it when someone is suffering or has to go to the hospital. It seems to bother them more than the actual injury.
Good luck with the next surgery and post-op care. In no time at all you should be out running the hills again.
I am sorry to hear that it isn't over with that "knee thing". Mommy hobbling around cannot be cool. I would love to help you out, so think of what you need me to do for you.
You are in our prayers.
Oh ... I'm so sorry about your knee! No fun at all. I hope you're recovering from surgery #1 and feeling alright for the moment, at least!
And we watched the Sunday morning "mini-concert" with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I would have loved the real thing.
I am so sorry to hear about your surgery. What a good attitude you have. The concert sounds awesome. I love the mormon tab. I hope you are getting lots of help, and prepare for that second surgery! Getting old is for the birds.
I am your go-to girl for ACL advice and commisseration! I feel for you. ACL surgery is tough, but worth it. Without the surgery you'll have a loose/sloppy knee joint that will slip out of socket and be nasty. Do it and don't look back.
And be religious about physical therapy -- it's the key to a good recovery. That, and lots of good DVDs to watch and books to read.
You'll be surpised at how much your family will learn. Like how much you do for them. How to clean, cook and take care of the house.
This will be hardest on you. Then Todd, and then Amber because she's the oldest. Get everybody helping and life will return to normal in no time. (Whatever normal is.)
Post a Comment