Two days into school and I'm already "soothed" by the routine. Those last few weeks of summer vacation brutalized my psyche. Magically, my children display shockingly more calm aspects of their personalities that have been LACKING as of late. Love those "school rules"!
Amber's second day in Junior High was more promising than the first. Yesterday, she couldn't get her locker open, forgot where/what her third period class was, almost fainted from the heat (her expression), and experienced several other "stressing" situations. Today, she arrived home happy and chatty (not a normal thing for Amber). She remembered all her classes, made some new friends, discovered a good friend that rides the same bus (YAHOO!), locker problems solved, and even enjoyed Math to the point of being able to laugh at something funny that was said by a boy in her class. HAPPY DAY!!!
I worked on my "class" today. Holy smokes! I'd forgotten how LONG some textbook chapters seem to be. . . I read the chapter, took the quiz, completed my assignment and submitted them online. This class will not only be about Health, but for me, an online class tutorial. I don't entirely trust my computer (read dinosaur with issues), thus the stress surrounding an online class. I've decided that the only way to manage to get through this class is to just choose a day to work on it and then plow through until I'm done. I'm worried about having enough time. Crud, I'm even worried about getting a bad grade even though it doesn't really matter. Todd keeps razzing me that I'm stressing out over a freshman level class, so if I don't get an A then I'll really feel dumb. Humph.
3 comments:
That is so cool you are taking a class! I amy have to look into that. School just gives me the creeps even now. Glad you hear your kids are getting back into the swing of things! Oh, and you MUST get an IMAC computer. Tell your husband it's for school! I LOVE ours. It helps even non-computer savy people like me function on a computer!
I am the routine Queen! It's so nice to slip back into the groove. I even bought me a planner yesterday so that I can stay on top of my job as the family manager and YW's secretary. Okay, I lied. I really bought the planner so that when Hubby reads our family calendar at FHE each week he won't read things like "Call Jen RE: driving to volleyball" and "deep clean bathroom" or "defrost hamburger" to kids who really don't care. :)
Small but amazing miracles are definitely things mom's of school children pray for. We have been coming home with an empty lunch box each day because she doesn't have friends at her new school. Yesterday there was still part of sandwich, cheese stick, and drink left over along with lunch recess adventure stories. Never will I complain again about uneaten food at the end of the day. A small but MIGHTY miracle has just been the answer to this mom's prayer.
Post a Comment