Sunday, November 28, 2010

Long weekend

It’s been a long weekend. The kids have been out of school since Wednesday. Thanksgiving was Thursday. Friday we put up the Christmas decorations, but by nightfall we had 4 kids vomiting and 1 feeling lousy and worried that he was going to puke just hearing everyone else wretch. This is a record for us I think. I can’t remember having everyone sick at the same time. You know it’s bad when you have a line up in the bathroom, each boy with a bucket to puke in while some poor soul hangs over the toilet. By the next morning I was sick. Saturday was basically the land of the dead. Project Man, the only one relatively healthy, decided to work on painting the laundry room between dispensing ginger ale and saltines to our invalid family sprawled out in the family room staring glassy-eyed at the TV. Today, Sunday, we all stayed home from church services, except Project Man, so as not to infect the entire ward if we were still contagious. As the day progressed, it was obvious that everyone was well. Wrestling, teasing, complaining, and general noisiness were the activities most engaged in today. Can’t wait for school in the morning!

We have great neighbors who brought us soda pop, Gatorade, crackers, soup, and even scraped the snow off the driveway while Project Man was at church. Thank you to everyone. Hopefully, we won’t have a repeat of this illness any time soon.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Ug! That sounds horrible! I'm glad it didn't last any longer, and maybe it's a good thing to have everyone done at once, right?!

Amber said...

yes, I agree with Suzanne...whenever any one in my family gets sick, I think to myself...now if everyone could just get this all at once, so as not to spread out the joy! I was sick this weekend too...luckily though, not quite as bad as you guys. I guess...but see, now I have to worry about when everyone else is gonna get it! yuck, I hate sick! Is it summer yet?