A list of stuff I'm working on so that you know that I'm not just sitting around reading lovely books and eating treats. (So wish that was the case.)
1. Trying to decided whether to repair or replace our oven. It's only 4 years old and has been fabulous, but the stupid control panel fried itself during the self-cleaning cycle a few days after Christmas. Lesson? Be content with a dirty oven and buy the $50 extended warranty even if Consumer Reports tells you it's a waste of money.
2. Taxiing various children to various practices. Basketball times three boys times a couple of practices plus games each week-- wowza!
3. Putting away the Christmas stuff and reclaiming the house. I use the word reclaiming loosely as there is a constant trickle (or flood) of stuff and muck being generated by the people who live here.
4. Joined the Bigger Loser contest at the gym where I work out. I really don't think I need to comment much more on this. No, I'm not going to win, but I'm really hoping my jeans will fit better soon!
5. Trying to get all my scripture assignments read/studied that the bishop has asked us to study. I was doing fantastic until today. The get up at 5:00 and run around all day schedule wears me out. By the time I've conjured up a few minutes, I can't seem to concentrate very well. Tips anyone?
6. I'm sure there are more and better things that I'm doing, really. I'm just stumped at the moment. And tired.
Yes, I have set some new goals for 2010. Just know that I'm doing my best and whatever that ends up being, I'm okay with that. Happy Resolutions to you all.
4 comments:
I can't believe you get up at 5am. I am such a slacker.
And a little story: I have two neighbors who ruined their ovens by using the self-clean. One of those ovens literally caught on fire. The customer service people they spoke with basically said not to use the self-clean--it causes tons of damage and warranties don't usually cover it. So ... that doesn't solve your problem but hopefully it makes you feel better to know that you aren't the only one. :) Good luck!
Funny that you should mention self-cleaning ovens. I've run mine a couple times with no problems and was thinking that it needs it again. But I never do it unless it's warm weather. Safety man says that I have to have good ventilation. Now I'll think twice about doing it again -- maybe I'll just invest in a can of "oven off."
BYW, what do you get up at 5 AM to do? There's not much that will get me out of bed before 6:30. And even that is sometimes a stretch.
You're awesome! Let's make a resolution to meet up way more often this year!
Ah Julie...I love you, I love that you are alive, and I love that you keep it real! Good luck on the jeans...I think I need to start my own biggest loser contest...BUT, I am having some motivation issues :)...maybe tomorrow...
love ya!
I just have to say...
I haven't visited your blog since late summer. Life has been insanely busy and I haven't been taking time to enjoy the little pleasures in life for myself. :) That changed today. :) I was online doing bills and the thought popped in my head to glance at your blog. Oh how I miss ya! You are an amazing, talented, witty woman. :) Love to read your entries. :) Thanks for a being a little bright spot in my day. :)
Post a Comment