Friday, September 11, 2009
Getting closer . . .
Okay, I just have a few minutes before I need to pick-up boys from football, but it's been too long since I wrote anything. This is partly due to the fact that I have been mourning my smallest child going to school. I've just been too dang sad to be witty, or even very productive for that matter. The clouds are beginning to part, however, and new and lovely things will be happening in the near future, I'm sure. Things like the addition being FINISHED. Yes, this might be premature, but we are sooooo close. Seriously, by October 1st I realistically could be enjoying a new bedroom and bathroom. Project Man might even condescend to allow me into the "Inner Sanctum" of his new office. But the rest of you better not get your hopes up. Temple recommends are required to enter and even then you have to sign over the right to be booted out at Project Man's discretion. Offenses that could result in your being tossed include eating food (of course this doesn't apply to Project Man's daily intake of ice cream), touching things with less than sanitized hands, and not fully appreciating the overall ambience of the Inner Sanctum. I'm just warning you in advance so that you won't get your hopes up. Don't worry, you can come hang out with me in my new room. Of course if you want chips, we'll have to move out into the family room, because it has been defiled with such behavior many, many times. In fact, chip/popcorn consumption is probably happening in there right now. My standards are quite a bit lower than Project Man's as you can see. I believe that stuff on the floor was why vacuums were invented, right? If Project Man could somehow arrange it I think he would have a vacuum that would follow the rest of us around and suck up our crumbs as they fall. Don't even get his started on his abhorrence of the disaster that is children eating chocolate cake. That deserves a post of its own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh,I am SOOOO excited for you! I want to see pictures! And, Um, sorry I think I have to side with Todd on this one...my favorite tool...the vacuum! It makes such pretty lines in the carpet, while gobbling everything up in its path!
I can't believe David is in school, and now you are sort of an empty nester, where has the time gone?
How fun! It's always nice when a big, hairy project get's 100% finished. Big sigh of relief. And, yes, photos would be fun.
Post a Comment