Sunday, July 19, 2009

Meridian Magazine :: Arts: In Defense of Harry Potter

I took the family to see Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince last week, but due to the Pioneer Stock episode, I didn't post about it. Yes, I loved all 2 hours and 43 minutes. Yes, it was different than the book. That's because it has to be, cuz we're not all gonna sit around watching the screen for 7 hours, okay? But overall, it did represent the spirit and main points quite well. I even cried. Twice. Didn't think I would, but I'm a softie and frequently cry during movies, so not a big surprise. Anyhoo. . . I found this article that I felt really captured why I love the Harry Potter series, books and movies. If you're a fan, you might like it too. If you are wondering what all the fuss is about maybe this article will help you understand. Long live Harry Potter!
Meridian Magazine :: Arts: In Defense of Harry Potter

Shared via AddThis

2 comments:

Liz H said...

Mark & I were lucky enough to attend the premiere showing the night before the release. Dr. Naylor with Dana Orthodontics bought out the whole theater and then did a drawing with his patients names.

As it turned out it was the same day that I had Cub Scout Day Camp and we were booking it. Mark didn't know he'd won the drawing until Sam sent him in to pick up "some paperwork". He didn't stop grinning the rest of the day.

I got home, washed up, changed my clothes and booked it into Ogden for the 4:30 pm showing.

What a great movie. I still wish they would have used visual effects like this movie had when they did Twilight.

I also love using the correlation between Voldemort and Potter to the gospel. We have more family home evenings on the pit falls of Darth Vadar and Voldemort vs Luke and Harry than I'd like to put down for posterity.

Christie said...

Thanks for the link to the Merridian article. It was right on! (As are all your entries.)
Enjoy your weekend.