Beam me up, Scotty! Just got back from seeing the new Star Trek movie. . . . VERY COOL! Even if you're not a dyed in the wool Star Trek fan, if you like action films you'll like this. If you are even a mild trekkie-- YOWZA! So much fun!
Back in our poor college days, Project Man and I were pretty devoted Star Trek: the New Generation fans. Captain Picard (Patrick Stewart) was awesomely awesome (yah, I know that's a bit over the top, we loved him). The whole Borg thing, Q, and all that other stuff was great date night snuggle on the couch stuff, plus Project Man got to hypothesize over the "time continuum" and stuff like that. Oh those were the days. We probably haven't thought much about Star Trek in the past 10 years, but tonight it all came back, BABY! So just in case you haven't seen it, I won't be giving anything away, but just know that it's a pretty fun rush of a movie. I'm pretty sure I'll have to see it again when it hits the discount theater. You know, sacrifice myself so my boys can see it with a chaperone. . . :)
3 comments:
Ok, you're the 2nd person I heard from that says this is a great movie...some of our friends saw it...not trekkie fans at all, but they LOVED it! I told them I wouldn't even have a clue, cause I've NEVER watched the show, they said no worries, we'd still love it! I guess now with two sets of two thumbs up we'll give it a whirl! glad you had a fun date!
Sounds like I better see the movie! It always makes me mad they make these great "family friendly" movies, but rate them PG-13. I just finished Angels and Demons. Not so family friendly!
Ok, you've talked me into it. I have never seen even 1 Star Trek Episode, but I have heard from several people that it is good... soo.... If I can find a babysitter, and then find my husband... LOL! We'll go see it! Thanks for the movie review! :)
Post a Comment