I did it. A major monkey off my back! Today I submitted my paperwork for my teaching license renewal. WAHOO! I have been working on this a little bit at a time for almost an entire year, and now I feel FREE, ba-by. For those of you who may be in a similar predicament and would like to renew your license in a quicker fashion, I just learned (as I was getting my fingerprints scan by this coolio scanner thingy) that WSU offers a week long seminar that basically gets you all of the points you need to recertify. Yes, it is pretty much all day for a week. Yes, it does cost real money. BUT only a week? That sounds so awesome right now. The course covers actual information that would be helpful to teachers who have been out of the classroom for a LONG time. Technology, class room management, etc. I’m sure that other universities in the state have a similar offering, but I didn’t know about this or I would have done it last summer and saved myself a lot of time and stress. However, I do have a 4.0 GPA from my WSU coursework. And the pretty purple paper that they print out the transcripts on is rather lovely. I’m just sayin’.
Anyway-- This is one New Year’s resolution that has been resolved. I’m feeling pretty awesome right now.
5 comments:
SWEEEET Julie! Way to go! I love your label...smartness...haha that made me smile! congrats on the 4.0! That is smartness! woohoo!
Should you choose to accept your next mission....
I love it! You are so awesome and I'm proud of your efforts over the last year. I think it may have taught your kids about hard work, dedication and always trying to learn.
I think I'll go have a celebratory snickers for you!
Woo-hoo! I toyed with the idea of getting my certificate current, but decided that I'd wait some more. If the time comes that I decide to follow your example, I'll definately look into the week long renewal course. It sounds great. Congrats!
Congrats! I've been thinking about this myself ... my current license expires in one year. A teacher-friend of mine tells me that it requires just as much work (and money) to renew your license as it does to re-certify. Do you think that's true? (I've always heard otherwise.) I just don't know if I'm up for getting 200 hours (or whatever it is) worth of points, all in the next year ...
Congrats! I'm so proud of you!!! This goes to show that you can accomplish anything you put your mind to. Great job!!
Post a Comment