“Be one who nutures and builds. Be one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart, who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them.” Marvin J. Ashton
“Therefore, strengthen your brethren in all your conversation, in all your prayers, in all your exhortations, and in all your doings.” Doctrine and Covenants 108:7
Amber came home from Young Women today with a handout that featured this quote. I love it. It may find itself to my bathroom mirror where I can read it each morning to help me remember what kind of person I am trying to be. Sometimes it is too easy to get irritated with the flaws in myself and others. I’m a pretty miserable person to be around on those days. On the flip side of that are the times when I deliberately focus on the positive aspects of whomever and whatever the day presents. Those are the best days. I hope this little quote will help me stay focused. At least for this week.
What inspires you to “be a little better”?
1 comment:
For some reason I perk up when I go shopping. Some days I like to see how many people I can get to smile back at me. I love to smile! (When I'm not feeling nauseous.) I have to remember that it's most important to lift and inspire the people living within the walls of my home. Wonder how many of them I can get to smile back at me today. We'll see.
Post a Comment