Friday, March 6, 2009

I'm back, Baby!

Today I ran for 30 minutes on the treadmill. This is a big milestone for me. It has been exactly four months since my knee surgery. I go in for my final doctor’s inspection on the 16th. My goal was to be able to do the 30 minutes by then. Yes! I love it when the stars align in my favor!! I still can’t run that far on the road. I did 25 minutes last Friday, but it was a challenge. It took my knee the entire weekend to be happy again. Baby steps, right. I’m going to ask the doc for permission to do the Top of Utah ½ marathon in August. Anyone want to come along?

8 comments:

Jigglebuns said...

You my darling sister are completely crazy! I'm glad you are feeling up to running again though!

Amber said...

Way to go Julie! 30 minutes on the treadmill is a challenge, knee surgery or not!

Marion Jensen said...

Nice work!

Kelsie said...

Good work! I'm a little bit jealous, actually ... not that I'm a die-hard, but this summer definitely isn't going to be my year for improving as a runner or doing anything like a half-marathon. Good luck!

Christie said...

Good luck with the training! I'm glad that you're feeling up to running again. You go, girl!

Fiauna said...

I'd love to come along on your half marathon. Good work! I think if I'd suffered an injury like that, I would use it as an excuse not to run. You're amazing.

Suko said...

Good for you! I had a "knee issue" last month, but now I'm back to hill climbing. Now, I have an odd "foot issue". Oh, the life of an athlete!

Jill Pritchett said...

I'm so glad that you are feeling better. You amaze me. Great job!!