"Boredness Central"? According to Amber, that is where we currently live. Her outburst came Friday night after having spent a couple of fabulous days playing with cousins, staying at Grandma's, going to movies, picnicking, and just having a grand old time. Normally, I'd probably have to agree with Amber that events at our house are not super exciting. This past week was different.
Monday: Met with friends from our old Clearfield 14th ward at Layton Park. Good people. According to Todd, "This is what heaven will be like. They are such great people!" I think we will always have a place in our hearts for these wonderful families. We all moved to the ward about the same time. For most of us it was our first "real" home. We added to our families, added to our homes and yards, added to our testimonies and love of each other all those years in Clearfield. Most of the families at the party have moved away from Clearfield, and I am grateful to have spent those years with them.
Tuesday: Old friends Kelly and Jody and their kids came for dinner and more visiting. What great friends! We miss you guys!
Wednesday: 3:35 AM Took Todd to meet his dad for a 4-day horse trek extravaganza in the Unitah mountains. 9:00 AM The kids and I decided to have a vacation of our own since Project Man isn't around to make us do jobs. :) We went bowling and out for ice cream. After we came home, we decided that we needed to pack up and head for Grandma's house. YIPEE! Once in Cache Valley, we attended little cousin Molly's 1st birthday party.
Thursday: Slept in! Met Kristen, Carson, Chalyce, Kallie, Luke, Molly, Rashell, Natalie, Alicia and Grandma at Willow Park for lunch and a wander around the zoo. (Always a hit with my kids.) Later we went to dinner at Firehouse Pizzeria (now one of the boys' faves) and to see the movie Kit Kittredge: An American Girl. Although the boys were a bit reluctant about the movie (it is about a GIRL, after all) we all enjoyed it. When was the last time you went to a rated G movie? No sex, drugs, violence, crude language. . . what a treat!
Friday: Another play day, this time with JoAnne and Sally and their kids. We went on a field trip to see the Burrows future home in Paradise. Lovely spot, but Paradise is likely more end-of-the-earthish than Taylor. Dinner with Grandma, Rashell and girls, and Kallie and her children. So fun. The finale: A Sleepover with Smithy girls! Could this week get any better?
Saturday: I woke up about 5:30 AM with the feeling that we really needed to get home. With that as a motivator, we were on the road by 9:00 and home by 10:30. Later in the evening, we had another BBQ with other neighbors from our Clearfield neighborhood. Fun again. Why did we need to get home? I don't know, but we managed to have Amber returned to her regular state of affairs at "Boredness Central".
I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed my week. I laugh so much when I hang out with my siblings and their families. For me, that is what Heaven will be like. Of course, we'll have to check and see if it's okay for my brothers to tell dumb jokes and for my sisters and I to tease each other and laugh at the dumb things we do. My parents have really worked hard to keep our family close and it has paid off in big dividends. Thanks family! You rock!
4 comments:
Strange how it only takes less than a few hours of being home for kids to be bored, huh? At present Jared is heading to trek and the girls are sleeping over at the cousins. It is strangely quiet. I'm reminded of what it's like when they go back to school. I always seem to miss all the hub-bub and noise.
I love the term "Boredness Central." :) Sounds like a fun week, though!
I love this time of year! Barbeques and friends. I feel for you on the "boredness central". I'm sure if my kids hear that term, our house would be that also. I don't think we are boring though!
We love you and it was SO great to get together. This blog thing is definitely like Elder Ballard's talk about using the internet for good. I am so glad we are in touch.
Post a Comment