Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Football Fever

I swear I'm in a time warp. In a couple of days we'll celebrate Independence Day and the summer will be half over. Well, not exactly, but sort of. In three weeks Jacob, Jesse and Todd will start football practice 5 days a week and summer will essentially stop in it's tracks. I took the boys to get their sports physical yesterday. What a riot! Jesse (18 months younger than Jacob) weighed in at 82 lbs and 56 1/4'' tall. Jacob weighed in at 68 lbs and 56 1/2" tall. Hmm. They were acting quite silly showing off their muscles and telling jokes to the nurse and P.A. Of course everyone, but their mother, thought they were hilarious. After the physicals we went to the city rec office to officially sign up for FOOTBALL! They came home with pads, helmets, pants, etc. I came home $230 poorer. Yikes. The rest of the evening was spent trying on equipment, whacking each other's helmets, challenges to hit each other, etc. Today, I think Jacob has worn his full uniform, sans helmet, all day long. Good grief. Do you think he's excited?

3 comments:

Allie's Antics said...

That is so funny! I cannot believe it is football time again. My thirteen-year-old starts also. You just made me panic with the three week thing! I better enjoy every day from 5:00-7:00 for three more weeks!

Christie said...

I'd have loved to be in the waiting room when your crew came through. My son wishes he had a brother. It's not to be, but I can see how one would come in handy for him. (I'm secretly glad that Jared never showed an interest in football. Whew!)

Child Family said...

I'll pray for you that it is at least high school before you have head injuries or knee replacements. Love your boys!