Tuesday, October 13, 2020

O that I were an Angel?

 How to start? I listened to a talk from General Conference yesterday while driving to work. The gist of the message was that we (members of the Church/those listening to the message) can be and often are the "angels" spoken of in Doctrine and Covenants 84:88. "And whoso areceiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go bbefore your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my cSpirit shall be in your hearts, and mine dangels round about you, to bear you up." I have been thinking about that a lot over this COVID-19 pandemic. How can I be an angel to anyone?  I am still trying to think beyond the borders of my family. I truly don't do much other than be kind and helpful at work and try to keep in touch with my neighbors. I want to do more, but at the same time, I don't. I am tired after work and most days it is all I can do to cook & clean up dinner and maybe do a load of laundry. 

How can I be an angel to someone? I used to go to the temple once a week. I felt like an angel to someone who needed a proxy to complete temple ordinances on their behalf, but now? With the temples closed that avenue is closed, too. 

I am using this journaling blog as a way to process my way through this, but I really don't know what to do. 

No comments: