Tonight was the Shine the Light: Ogden Temple Cultural Celebration. In a word--- AMAZING! Having only practiced for a couple of months as individual stakes and a handful of times as regional councils the fact that this performance came together for two casts of almost 8000 youth each is nothing short of a miracle.
Today one cast had one dress rehearsal and performance in the morning and then our cast had dress rehearsal and performance this afternoon and evening. It was crazy stressful getting everyone to the Dee Events Center on time, checked-in and seated before practice even began. Then watching the practice, I seriously had my doubts about whether or not this thing would have too many technical difficulties to work well with the planned video portions that would be situated in between cast numbers. However, as with everything that is put in the Lord's hands, the actual performance was awesome!
I felt so blessed to watch all of those youth and the coordinators work so hard! The youth sang and danced and portrayed different events in Ogden's history. Everyone sang with one purpose and heart. I was so moved. I hope that all of the people watching the performance as it was being broadcast to various stake centers in our temple district felt the spirit of the performance as well. As I watched I felt a wonderful feeling of love and pride in those youth who attended and performed. Even though I know that not all of them came with a great attitude, I know that everyone felt the joy of the performance and is glad that they were there.
I hope all the the participants remember the wonderful feelings they had tonight. I hope I do, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment