Monday, December 9, 2013

This Christmas is a Little Bit Different

For the first time in the last 18 Christmases we no longer have any Santa believers in the house.  It is a sad, sad thing. The excitement for the older children is completely lacking.  Dallin and David are still plotting and planning Christmas lists and gifts, but it isn't the same.  No more "Santa's watching" to help with behavior.  No more letters in stockings. No more excitement about Santa's visit to the ward party. It stinks, I say. I'm trying really hard to have meaningful activities and service opportunities for the family to participate in, but I miss all of the Santa stuff.  I'm glad we have been able to enjoy it as long as we did.

I love my having my children get older, a bit more independent and develop into interesting people, but I truly miss the excitement and pure joy of the innocent, believing children at Christmas.

No comments: