Yesterday was a big day for our family. David, our youngest, was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was also Jacob’s 14th birthday. I think Jacob’s birthday may have been a little eclipsed by the baptism.
David has been so excited to be baptized. On the night of his Bishop’s interview, he excitedly got dressed in his Sunday clothes and as we were walking out the door, he stopped and asked, “Should I take my scriptures?” I told him that was a great idea and off he went to grab his new scriptures. After his interview he very seriously stated, “I can’t believe that I am getting baptized in two days! I have waited my whole life for this.”
On Saturday, we watched him make that covenant. After Todd lifted him out of the water, Todd picked him up to give him a big hug. After the hug, David pumped his fist in a salute of triumph. So awesome.
Having the baby of the family get baptized brings with it many conflicting feelings. 1) I am so grateful to have such wonderful children that want to be baptized and be good. 2) I am sad that they are growing up so quickly. I love who they are becoming, but miss those little chubby babies that relied on their mommy for everything.
Then there is the matter of Jacob turning 14. Whoa.
No comments:
Post a Comment