Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Flashlight Girl again and again. . .

Flashlight Girl's duties are many and varied, but recently they have been unceasing. Project Man has been motivated to work on our never-ending addition project. Which I am grateful for that. This does always require a "lovely assistant" to fetch and carry and perform general clean-up duties. Enter Flashlight Girl. This past week I've helped lay tile (learning how to cut tile and clean off grout in addition to the afore mentioned fetch-and-carry and clean-up jobs)and assisted in the painting process for three days. Yes, my house is a pit and who knows what the children have been doing or eating for that matter. However, progress is being made. Carpet is expected soon. (Heavenly choir singing in the background.)

Tonight I fulfilled a classic Flashlight Girl duty. Project Man decided the pasture needed fertilizer. Since tonight is our water turn and PM has had many work/bishop duties today, I followed him around the pasture in the dark with my flashlight at 10:30 p.m. so he could see to spread the fertilizer around the pasture and then make sure all of the sprinklers were working properly. I'm pretty much thinking that if I looked up "helpmeet" in the dictionary right now, there would be a photo of me and my flashlight. Just so you know.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Julie- So fun to hear what you're doing! What a wonderful wife and what great learning opportunities!

With work and bishop, it's great that you find time together. Even if it is in a pasture, with a flashlight and spreading fertilizer! I'm sure you were able to talk about many good things!

We'll have to try and get together sometime! Is your knee up for a 5k yet?

Amber said...

Julie, the way you write that almost makes it sound like it was a magical experience, almost...however pasture is still in there...that lessens the magic just a tad, but glad you get to be together, no matter WHAT he's, I mean you're doing!

I'm excited for you that the addition is getting so close to carpet...that is one huge light at the end of a long dark tunnel!

Christie said...

When we built our house we put in a little "sweat equity" shingling the roof and doing the tile. I wanted the tile on a diagonal, and we'd never done it before. I was the official tile cutter and Hubby placed it. Despite our lack of experience, it looks great! (But, boy was it a lot of work.) Congrats on being close to getting your carpet!!

P.S. Sometimes I help Hubby move sprinkler pipe in our pasture. Fortunately, not while needing a flashlight. :)