Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Got Candy?

Cub Scout Pack Meeting. For my boys, it is the highlight of the month. For me, not so much. Tonight, however, I’m repenting of my bad attitude and going all out. We are having a cake decorating event, and the cake is supposed to reflect the “Jurassic Park” theme. Well, yes we love dinosaurs and though I don’t especially enjoy decorating, anything that has to do with food (cake specifically) is good, right? As this is Jesse’s cake, lots of candy to decorate, and nibble while decorating, is paramount. Thus I spent a couple of hours scouring the city for likely tidbits of this and that. I bought neon orange food coloring for the frosting. It really is going to be lots of fun. When Jesse looked at all of the stuff I’d gathered to choose from the response was, “Wow, Mom, you’re really getting into this!” I think that means he’s happy. Sometimes all it takes to be a good mom in the eyes of a nine-year-old boy is a pile of candy. It’s a good thing to know.

3 comments:

Amber said...

You ARE a great mom Julie!

Christie said...

It's fun to read about what makes kids happy and how to tell they are. Candy is pretty much my middle child's favorite food. Sigh. But it does seem to make her smile -- which is good, 'cause we don't always see a lot of those on her teenage face.

Jigglebuns said...

You had me at candy! Jesse and I have some shared genes I think...