My friend Christie tagged me with this blog. So here goes. . .
5 things on my to-do list today (this is actually for tomorrow-Monday)
1. Run and lift weights (sounds more impressive than it really is).
2. Laundry, laundry, laundry (said in the same manner as "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!")
3. Fill out Dallin's soccer application and mail it.
4. Call Roy Pool about available swimming lessons for my two youngest later in the summer.
5. Make bread.
5 snacks that I enjoy (limiting the choices is a problem!)
1. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies-- big ones, warm out of the oven!
2. Black licorice
3. A crisp, sweet, juicy apple.
4. Skor candy bar
5. Kettle corn
5 things I would do if I were suddenly a billionaire (after I paid my tithing, of course).
1. I would give a wad of money to each of my parents, siblings, children, in-laws.
2. I would buy a new, top of the line Suburban and drive my kids around town.
3. I would create somekind of scholarship for poor, hardworking college students.
4. I would donate money to the local homeless shelters and women's shelters here in Ogden.
5. I would buy a bigger home (not huge though) with a separate activity building somewhere on the property for family gatherings-- complete with swimming pool, game room, theatre room, large kitchen and dining area, and a outdoor play area complete with all sorts of fun stuff. Then I'd have a huge party for all of my family and friends!!
5 bad habits I have (Yuck!)
1. I stick my tongue out at people when I get frustrated or mad (usually behind the person's back).
2. Hiding out and reading a book when I should be cleaning my house or some other task.
3. I get a bit too loud when I get excited with my friends or family. (I don't think this is too terrible, but Project Man gets a bit embarrassed by it.)
4. I chew my fingernails when I get anxious.
5. I eat too many treats!
5 places that I have lived.
1. Parker, Idaho
2. Lewiston, Utah
3. Provo, Utah
4. Klamath Falls, Oregon
5. Clearfield, Utah
5 job that I have had.
1. Cow milker and raspberry picker.
2. Babysitter (mostly of evil little boys)
3. Video shop girl--Top 10 video
4. Advertising layout, clerk, etc. Cantwell Bros.
5. Secretary BYU Women's Services
5 things people don't know about me (I'm kind of an open book, so I'm thinking hard right now.)
1. I am a paranoid freak about open water (oceans, lake, etc) and drowning.
2. I got so sick the last time I rode the roller coaster at Lagoon that I could barely walk out of the park.
3. I hate driving at night on the freeway. The lights do crazy things to my depth perception which isn't so great anyway.
4. My children say that I shouldn't bother taking the time to put on make-up because it doesn't really help.
5. I'm not sure what my real hair color is. For so many years I was trying to keep it blonde with various hair treatments that I decided to go dark last October to find a more natural look. I like the dark look, but really don't know what the "natural" color is.
4 comments:
Hey
In reading your five things, I was shocked to realize how alike we are! Is this wierd? I don't even know you-at least I don't think I do. Thanks for the running advice! I'll try it for sure. I can just relate to all of your things. The funniest of all was sticking your tongue out. I do the SAME thing! How funny! This blogging is great. I feel like I have a new friend!
Jules your hair color is the same as mine...muddy mouse. Yes, that's the official color!!
Love you tons sis!
Jill
I think laundry is ALWAYS on a mom's to-do list! No fun.
And, like you, I'm a treat-eater. I think our meals are healthy ... but then I have to go find something sweet! I keep thinking that some day I'll "grow up!"
Thanks for posting the 5 things! I could so see you sticking your tongue out. Tee-hee. And our to-do lists were oddly similar. No wonder I like you.
Post a Comment