Sunday, December 3, 2023

YSA Missionary Release

Today Todd and I were released from our calling as senior missionaries in the Young Single Adult ward. We have served there for almost two years, and it has been a really great experience for me. I have loved seeing these young adults learning and growing in the gospel and in their personal lives. I have been inspired again and again by their testimonies and sincere efforts to keep their covenants and continue living according to God's commandments. It has also been a pleasure for me to see Dallin serving in his callings in the ward and to see his spiritual growth, too. 

When we first started in this calling, I was nervous and wasn't really sure how I could contribute. I really didn't want to be the person who discounts the experiences of those so much younger, but sometimes, I could feel myself doing that even if it was only in my mind. I hope I have learned to do that less over the past two years. I have really tried to remember what it was like to be in my 20s and learning how to be an adult, finish school, move somewhere new, date and eventually marry, and grow my testimony at the same time. Even though world circumstances are different than they were thirty-ish years ago, I try to remember what it felt like and honor that feeling. I have been blessed to have lots of opportunities to serve in the church during my adult years and hope that I have been able to use that experience to also grow in my current calling.

Some of my favorite experiences have been teaching an Emotional Resilience class with Todd, fast and testimony meetings and linger longer activities after the Sunday meetings. All of these activities have enabled me to get to know a few more people, connect and make new friends. I am so glad to have been party of this ward and mission experience.

No comments: