Sunday, October 4, 2009

Basking in the Glow of General Conference

As I walked through my pit of a family room to the office to turn off the computer, I thought to myself, "I really need to post something today." So although it is late and I should be heading to bed I just wanted to comment on how wonderful LDS General Conference was this weekend. I really don't have a favorite talk; I just loved the whole thing. As the conference was winding down, I had the thought that it would be wonderful to have a group of people to discuss the conference with over the next few months. Would anyone be interested in that? Something like starting in two weeks and read and discuss one talk per week until we've finished them all. I would love to get others' perspective and insights and have a place to share my own feelings other than my journal. If you are interested or know anyone who might be interested in such a venture as this, please leave a comment or contact me by email.

P.S. Wasn't the music heavenly? Someday I'm going to get to sing in a choir like that. I am so envious of you gals that sang at the Relief Society Conference. It was great to see the always lovely cousin Jessica singing in the combined Farmington/Bountiful choir on Saturday afternoon. Way to go!

6 comments:

Toni G. said...

Add me to your list of people to discuss the conference talks! And someday I am sure we will watch to pick you out of the choir members during Conference.

Christie said...

I'm IN! I think it would be fine to post our thoughts on our blog -- good stuff to have out there on the World Wide Web. Sounds like fun to me. Are we going to cover a certain talk each week -- everyone read and comment on the same talk? Or volunteer/sign-up to do seperate talks and then read-ees can respond to our initial post. Great idea!

Flashlight Girl said...

Christie- I like the idea of taking turns and then others commenting, but that would require knowing who and what, etc. Should we start a new blog address just for this and then whoever is IN can take turns posting and then the rest can comment? That way there will be just one common blogspot for this subject. So far, only you and Toni have expressed interest. I'm assuming that the rest of my readers (cuz you are out there) are a bunch of irreligious heathens. ;) Hopefully I'm wrong and others will join in the discussion. Feel free to email or call and we can hash this thing out.

Christie said...

I like the idea of a blog dedicated to conference talk reviews. Those interested in posting could get the password from you/me and or e-mail one of us their thoughts and we could post it. It all sounds very uplifting!!

Here are some blogspot name ideas:
LDSConferenceReview
ThoughtsOnGeneralConference

and so on.

Kelsie said...

Hi. I should join, even though I'm sort of a stranger. :) A regular reading "assignment" would be good for me, to keep me from being a slacker these days! Let me know your plans ...

Liz H said...

I want in too!!! I think it's a great idea.